In our ongoing series of quarterly Commercial Real Estate Pricing Trends RealNex Head of Data and Research Jeffrey Fisher Ph.D presented his findings and analysis based on the latest survey results of the National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries(NCREIF). The NCREIF Survey is conducted quarterly and includes key performance metrics from the over 10,000 properties valued in excess of ½ trillion dollars owned by private institutional investment funds.
Highlights from the most recent survey:
- NCREIF Property Index (NPI) Returns were up for the Quarter
- Industrial still the top performing asset class
- Retail demonstrated an uptick
- Cap Rates hit another all-time low
- Occupancy off slightly but remain near record levels